14 November 2019 - Sabatair Closing Event
Thank you for your participation and attendance during the Sabatair Closing Event. We hope you gained valuable insights and we thank you for sharing your stimulating thoughts and ideas.
The presentations used during the workshop can now be downloaded here:
- Welcome speech by Robert Missen, Head of unit, Research and Innovation DG MOVE
- Status of transport of Lithium batteries by air - by Enzo Canari, Cabin Safety and Fire Protection specialist in the EASA Certification Directorate
- Sabatair project introduction - by Khiem Trad (on behalf of the Sabatair consortium), Project manager Energy Storage at EnergyVille/VITO
- New packaging performance standard for safe transport of Lithium batteries by air - by Claude Chanson, Corporate General Manager at RECHARGE Batteries
- Contribution of the Sabatair project to the SAE G27 working group - by Steven Burns (on behalf of the Sabatair consortium), Commercial director at Impact Solutions
- Lithium Batteries: Blessing and Curse - by Stefan Sauerbier, DHL Senior Director at Global/Regional Restricted Commodity Group
- Aircraft Operator (UPS) Lithium Battery Transport Risk Mitigations - by Alex McCulloch, UPS International Dangerous Goods Manager
- Multi-layer approach developed during the Sabatair project - by Niles Fleischer (on behalf of the Sabatair consortium), CEO and Co-founder of ALGOLION
- Cargo-C Battery fire test results - by André Freiling (on behalf of the Sabatair consortium), Expert Fire Protection and Detection at Airbus Operations GmbH
- Packaging issues and testing requirements - by Tharindu Senanayaka, Business Unit Manager at Cargo Amsafe Bridport.
- Risk assessments on aircraft level & safe transport of lithium batteries - by Andreas Vahl, Managing director at SAREL Consult GmbH
- Risk assessment guideline to the safe transport of lithium batteries by air - by Mats O. Bäckström (on behalf of the Sabatair consortium), Certified Dangerous Goods Professional, CEO/Co-founder DG Safety Group